Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!!! Floor rusted out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Feb 20, 2001.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I made the mistake of pulling back the rubber mat in my '88 K-5 and realized my driver-seat was on the verge of falling through. Most of the rust is around the bolt-holes where the seats are bolted. A large portion of the rust probably came from when a previous owner tried to fix a few cracks in the floor by welding them. Not that that’s bad, but it appears no effort was made to treat or even paint over the welds and bare metal. Most of the floor is intact and in pretty good shape, however the sections in the seat bracket area that are going to have to be completely cut out and replaced. I’d like to find sections of the floor that you can buy and weld in. I checked w/ LMC Truck and from what I saw the floor sections they have stop at the front edge of the seat, right where I need mine to start. I any of you out there have any suggestions, tips, or other input on this I could sure use it. I’m way too far into this project to back out now. (Funny… I’ve been saying that for a while now.) I appreciate the help! Later! -Tommy
    Ps. I’d like to think if I never pulled back the mat this problem wouldn’t exist. -LOL

2. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

Don't know if he has what you need but someone on ebay is selling some floor parts. Do a search under "blazer floor pan" and you'll pop it up.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.

3. dewey

dewey Registered Member

just wondering why you would buy the whole floor pan, if you just need to weld in say 5"x5" plates, and drill holes.? I know the floor pan has the nut welded to the bottom, but a 25 cent washer will hold too. The welder that did my floor pan (both sides) charged me $20 for the whole job... A lot cheaper than both floor pans would have cost.. That's my 1.5 cents. Hope it helps.