Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!! FUEL PUMP *@#$%^&*(

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Oct 27, 2002.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

OK, i have worked and changed many engine parts, some were easy and some were hard. How the heck do I get the fuel pump back on onto my 350? I made sure the rod was up and not blocking the fuel pump "arm"(you know what i mean" but it still will not allow me to line up the bolts and mount.
    Does the engine need to be bumped a couple of times to rotate cam so that mechanical push rod is further in?

Please, anyone a little help for this 77 blazer owner!

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

That would make it a little easier if the cam was in the lo position so you could get the bolts started.
    Bill

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

try rotating the engine and see if it can go in any farther. also put a longer bolt in the front of the engine to hold the rod in place. Don't forget to put the short bolt back in when you are done or you go crazy why you don't have a fuel pumping up

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

thanks, that was a guess, but you've confirmed my thoughts.
    Of course I was in the engine compartment till it got dark on me, girlfriend could'nt hold flash light straight, shop light was busted from timing belt change on honda.....the usual stuff! I will try tomorrow(east coast here so its dark).

Thanks again

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

thanks hammer. I guess you have been thru this. Two bolts, 3 hoses and a couple of hours wasted. Well at least I was able to complete my interior carpeting back half of blazer today. I insulated floor, sides and wheel wells with insulation and carpet. Looks excellent.

thanks again for input