Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Jul 16, 2001.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

hELP!!! Ok, I'll simmer down a bit...
    I left the Blazer parked for the weekend and came back and started it up this morning to go to work no problems...parked it and came out for lunch and drove it, weird [censored] was happening.... a weird rumbling-vibration comeing from somewhere...think it was coming from the engine/tranny-maybee even the x-case...I really don't think it was the rear diff...I looked underneath and the tranny/x-case were sort of shaking and rumbling...didn't look normal...anyone have any ideas why this would all of a sudden start for no reason???...what are some suggestions/ideas/things to look for???

Yep!! It's definatly a jEEP thing...So, what your excuse???

2. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

How are the u-joints, motor/transfer case mounts. does it rumble all the time or when the truck is rolling down the road?What transmission do you have? (fill out your profile about your rig)

3. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

The u-joints were new last winter, when I'm at a stop it seems the worst, which leads me to dout the u-joints...??..I have about a 4-5 year old TH350...I need to crawl under it tomorrow and check, but don't have a clue where to look for the motor/tranny/x-case mounts...thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and gals :)
    p.s. someone suggested a spark plug or two...does this sound right??? thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep!! It's definatly a jEEP thing...So, what your excuse???

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It may very well be a spark plug or wire. Mine was doing the same thing as you described. All the motor/tranny/t-case mounts were fine and the u-joints were good also. The problem was somehow the #7 plug wire(at the back, on the driver's side) had come in contact with the exhaust manifold and burned the wire which caused it to run on 7 cylinders and shake like a $3 crack whore...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.K5.rockcrawler.com>www.K5.rockcrawler.com</a>
    *<font color=red>under construction</font color=red>*