Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP...headlights don't work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wsudu, Jul 23, 2001.

1. wsudu

wsudu Registered Member

HELP...headlights don\'t work

The other night I noticed when I turned the corners My headlights got brighter....So then after I stoppped the truck, I tried to turn it back on, no power. I figured out that the postivie came off and grounded. So after replacing the starter, everything worked Except the headlights. But when I turn the brights on, all 4 work. Head lights actually have like two fillaments in them right; a high and low beam? I mean the on switch works and the bright switch works, so could I have burnt out the low beams in the 2 upper lights? Anyway so I turned on the brights and just diconnected the lower 2 lights for now. Help me out guys...Thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: HELP...headlights don\'t work

See if there's 12 volts to the low beams when they should be on. If so, then both low beam bulbs are dead. There are 2 filaments in the low beam bulbs, one for low beam and one for high beam.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...