Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help help help front alignment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Nov 12, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

alignment shop says no way to adjust camber and caster only toe
    dealer says no way to fix
    i can not believe i am the only person to own a K-5 that has alignment issues
    i ask the dealer "well then i guess they make the trucks to be disposable since there is no way to fix the alignment?" his reply, "uh uh uh no i'm not saying that"
    some one please advise
    thanks
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

There are shims that can be installed behind the spindle to correct your alignment. My K30 uses them and I've seen them on a 3/4T. I'm not sure where to get them though. You could try calling some good alignment shops till you find one that knows what you are talking about.
    Good luck.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Caster can be adjusted with tapered shims between the spring and axle. Camber usually has no adjustment on a straight front axle. Typically there is nothing to "wear out"(other than ball joints) so these settings don't change unless something is bent or modified. Lifting the truck will not change camber so it shouldn't need adjustment.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>