Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP HELP HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83PJW, Jul 2, 2003.

1. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

I have an 83 k5. i did the 8 lug conversion on the front. my bearings went bad on the front so i pulled off my driverside rotor and inspected the situation. it was the inner rotor bearing that went bad.i had to cut the old bearing off because they seized onto the spindle. i bought new bearings for it, federal mogul bearings part number 368a at oriely auto parts. they are the same size as the old bearings but will not go on to the spindle all they way. i would press them on using the spindle nut but i dont know if i should. when i did the conversion all i had to do was slide them on ...and on they went, no muscle at all. so my question is anyone ever had this problem? if so what did you do? also does anyone know another bearing part number that i could try? i forgot something i used the old ten bolt spindle because it was the same as the spindle that was on the old dana 44. please tell me what to do before i roll my truck into the river!

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

After cutting the old bearing's off, there is probably a gouge/burr, on th spindle itself. A little emery cloth, will smooth it/clean it up. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i must concur.. smooth the spindle with some emery cloth and it should make life easy