Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big Red, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Ok, this is a really bad place to put this, but i can't find this part anywhere. I need to replace the spider gears for a ford 8.8" 28 Spline. i know, ford question in a chevy place. bad idea, but my buddies van blew em out and is desperate need (as he he has no vehicle to drive at all) any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I had a set of spiders and spare shafts up until about 3 months ago. Sorry.

I would suggest that you just buy an entire axle from a JY and they just use the parts you need.

3. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

any specific years? and will all the parts needed to be replaced (spiders, bearings, etc.) go right in?

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

We don't even know what year or model you're talking about, so it's hard to give you a range. If you want detailed answers, you gotta give detailed information. It shouldn't be too complicated, don't be afraid to go for it. You've got nothing to lose. The hardest part about it from my understanding is setting up the ring and pinion. If you're not changing those, and you make sure that all the shims and the bearing caps all go back in EXACTLY how they came out, it should be fairly easy.

5. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

Sry bout that. its in a 97 Ford Econoline Van w/ the 4.6. :doah:

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Someone ought to know what would be interchangable with that. Rear ends don't really change a lot, so I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from.