Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP, hose fittings for GM hydrolic clutch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Mar 12, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'm going with a GM hydrolic clutch setup with my 465, i need the hose from the slave to the master but no one around here seems to carry those types of fittings. anyone know where i can get these or are using a cutom hose? i was told they were <font color=red>inverted or embedded flare fittings</font color=red>. i am not familiar with these types of fitting so i am in the learning stage. i don't want to mail order anything untill i'm sure what it is that i will be needing.

ARQ.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

i just used the stock line

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Who are you asking? Check w/GM, and get the local dealers price, AND the part number. Then plug it in to GMpartsdirect.com and see if they are cheaper, including their S&amp;H.

I can't believe a "quality" (read=not large chain) auto parts store can't get that piece, but I imagine they aren't that common.

One other idea, not positive it will be long enough, but check out a wrecking yard, specifically the S-10's. The pieces aren't all identical, but they are VERY similar, and I wouldn't doubt it if they have at least the same fittings. MAYBE you'd get lucky and they'd be long enough. If you can't get them any other way, its at least worth looking in to.

Only other option is to talk to a hose/fitting company, and I can pretty much guarantee they can make one for you, but not having the exact length and bends will make it hard to replicate.

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I cant imagine raybestos or who ever not selling the hose
    they sell their own version of the slave cast from aluminum
    the OEM version is made of steel by Girling

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

problem is that i need it a bit longer than factory, so i'm looking into a custom length ~3ft. i'll look into salvage yards and see was up.
    i went to 2 local hose/fitttings companies and non of them make it, it's a very "uncommon fitting".

thanks,

ARQ.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the stock one fir my 2" body lift,
    whatcha building?
    are you using OEM master n slave?
    the aluminum replacements looked to have enough meat to drill them oversize,
    maybe use an O ring fitting one size up

they didnt tell you what 'uncommon' fitting it was though so you could share with us

7. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

hey dude bring it by an lemme have a look see at it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

they were

<font color=red><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

inverted or embedded flare fittings

<hr></blockquote></font color=red>

anyhow that is what i was told.

I'm puting it in a 72 blazer, w/2" body lift. not sure where i am putting the master cylinder. i've even thought about putting it inside the cab with the reserve container on the outside of the firewall. these are just ideas. not sure where i want to put it yet.

Andy, i'll see if i can get out of here early and drop by.

ARQ.