Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help, I can't find my Hayne's manual

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ArrowheadK5, Jul 24, 2002.

1. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

Help, I can\'t find my Hayne\'s manual

I need to remove the headlight switch ftom my 87 blazer and put it in my 87 K20 to see if that is why the taillights don't work, but I don't know what I am looking for under there!! <font color="red"> Any help appreciated!</font color>
    Thanks a lot,
    Tom

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Re: Help, I can\'t find my Hayne\'s manual

Unhook the battery first. There is a little metal button you have to depress to get the knob to release, then unhook the wiring from the back of the switch. There may or may not be a screw or two that holds the switch in place. The headlight switch has a built in relay for the headlights, but not for the tail lights. Sounds more like a bulb or fuse.

John

3. ArrowheadK5

Problem is, fuses are all good, and how can both bulbs burn out at once? I pray it's not a wiring problem...
    I just remembered this: Just before I first noticed the problem, I had parked without shutting off the blinker and noticed when I started the truck that the blinker switch was on. Now it only blinks when the headlights are off and it doesn't blink in the back.

4. SkulzNBonz

I had a car that had a circuit in it that when one tailight/blinker/brake lights burnt out none of the taillights would work. Don't know if Blazers are set up this way, and can't remember which of my cars was set up like that. I think it was an 85 Caprice (aka ghettocruiser).

John

5. ArrowheadK5

when I bought the truck one taillight was burned out, so I replaced it... the other worked while the onewas gone. the button should allow me to pull the knob out? It doesn't seem to... I'll keep screwing with it. Thanks

6. SkulzNBonz

That button is a bear. Keep messin' with it, and it will pop out. Try not depressing the button all the way. I can't quite remember exactly how I did mine, but I do remember it was more difficult than it should have been.

John