Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!I can't stop!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUB-ZERO, Jan 5, 2006.

1. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Literally.I have a 86 3/4 ton Sub and my pedal was goin' to the floor and I was loosing fluid out of the top of the mastercylinder.So I install a new(alright..rebuilt)MC.I did not bench bleed cause I couldn't find my hoses to bleed it with.So I have bled almost 3 qts of fluid through the system and I still have almost NO pedal.It will stop but only whn the pedal is almost on the floor.Also every now and then I can just barely touch the pedal and the rear will lock-up.Do I need to bleed more,power bleed or push the button on the proportioning valve or what?

2. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Anybody?

3. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

let it gravity bleed for awhile. The fluid itself may be filled with air . Then bleed it normally. Do that and see what results you get.

4. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Thanks I will try it tomorrow.How long should you let it gravity bleed?

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If it were me, I would definitely take the MC back off and bench bleed. The one time I didn't bench bleed one I went through a couple of quarts of fluid before giving up and bench bleeding. Which I might add, made the bleeding finish MUCH faster!

6. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Does it have power assist? Mine went out way back and I had the same problem. Ended up switching everything before I realized the power assist was bad. Did the same exact thing. Pedal to the floor, but every now and then it would lock up the whole truck.

7. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Have your tried alternating front back bleed or pushing that little teet thing on the proprotioning valve. When my pops truck blew a line and went dry I had the pump the she-ite out of it to get the fluid to reach the back. Pump hold, release bleader, repeat. If there is a inbalance in the system it should be valved to push the fluid in the other direction of the leak. Thats why that little button pops up when you're bleeding it. It's best to have two people, A pumper and a jumper. did you pick up one of those cheapy one way brake hose valves at the parts store. Worth it. If I know how many brakes I'd be doing in the last 3 yrs. I'd have bought one of those vacume jobbers.

You can reblead the MC on the truck. I would thinkn that if there was a bubble in the MC youd only have a spongy brake pedal. Also gravity bleeding works!! Crack the backs open and wait. I'd do that then follow my instructions above. then again I may have no Idea what I'm talking about?!?!

goood luck

bob

I reread your post. you can ignore most of my post. :)