Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help - I need to find a decent electrical schematic

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by homemadesin, Oct 20, 2002.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

Damn...I got into the guts of the 72 and found a half-ass job with respect to the wiring (as well as the HVAC system, but that's another story). I managed to clear out most of the unused stuff (old alarm, etc) in order to start from a solid base before adding stuff. What a f'n nightmare. The prior had cut the plastic wire trace on the back of the inst. cluster to fit in an aftermarket tach, so the lights don't work.

At any rate, the Haynes manual sucks for electrical info. Would the Factory Service Manual have more detail? I can't find the issue with the Haynes and really need to get this going as it is my daily ride. It runs, the headlights work and I finally got the signals to work...but no brake or running lights yet. I hate electrical troubleshooting....

2. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

The Service Manual's good once you get used to the codes and flipping through the various pages.

Do you want to try a scan or a recommendation on whether to buy the manual?

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I have color schematics for the '72. Send me an e-mail addy and I'll send them to you.

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I bought the wiring diagram book from LMC a while back. They are the same diagrams that are in the link that Yukon Jack posted. They aren't great, but they work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the schematics Greg72. I finally got it figured out...weak connection at the brake swtich...I was getting 12 volts when circuit closed, but it couldn't pass any power. Pulled the plug off, cleaned all connections (a major PITA upside down w/back on seat). Works fine now.

I did notice that alot of the wires outside the cab/dash are very brittle. I can see alot of maintenance in the future.

PS. I'm now hell bent on reproducing those wiring diagrams in AutoCAD - color and all.....

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well if you re-draw them....I'll expect a softcopy for myself! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Then I'll have it NEXT time someone asks too....!