Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY TRUCK!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Jan 15, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok so i got in an smack up with a ford, and now they have finaly come to look at my truck and they say its a wright off. There gunna give me 5400 for it, or 4000 and i can keep it. i could fix the truck except for the bent frame right behind the stearing box. BUT heres the catch i dont have any place to store the truck, and have nothing to drive in the mean time and need a car. I realy want to keep my truck it has a ton into it new body, rebuilt trans, x case damb it what should i do????

2. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

Keep the truck, take the 4000. I am sure you will have to register your truck as a salvaged vehicle though, that could make it harder to re-sell later.

Or: you could start looking in the paper right now for another truck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the fuy also said he wouldn't brand it so that will be ok at least

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I guess it's gonna boil down to what you want to get into! How much Is it gonna cost to fix frame? Most likely it can be pulled. Is the frame in solid enough shape to pull? I know my 87 is weak. The back, by the rear bumper is almost rusted through. Would it be cheaper to find a similar truck and swap parts?

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

no i could have it pulled its in good shape and fix the rest i just have no place to put it or time right now so its gunna half to sit because i am moving in to my moms house so i can renovate it and i work full time. I could get balk into the burb i loved it but its stock hummmmm /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

would anyone want anything off the k5???? has inch lift, mint black top (was polished and repainted) solid body (exsept drivers fender,bumper,grill) i am in ontario canada so i don't know if it will work for any one. Mods don't bounce me i just trying to figure this out not sell stuff

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

keep the truck, but a differsnt blazer that runs and drives that could use your parts and slowly swap as you have time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I willl go on a limb a say sell out,

take the money and find a 1 ton blazer for sale I have seen them for under 6 grand, and you may find a much nicer one, plus it eliminates any reconstructing on your part and will save you alot of wrenching, just shop wise. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

and if this were my truck.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

persoanlly if it was my truck i would sell out to..5400 aint bad from the prices ive seen for some nice older rigs. its probobly worth way more than that to you, and i would feel the same...but if it was me i think i would be better of getting rid of it..or maybe keeping it and parting it out?

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

keep the 4000, buy a new rig for around 3000 part out your old rig... put everything you want to save on the new one, sell the rest get more $$. Use the $1000 and whatever you made from parting out the older rig to upgrade your new ride and be better off.

Just my .02

-Ryan

11. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

^^^That's what I'd do, take the $4K and buy another rig anyway

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thanks guys i might try to keep it and i don't know this was in such great conition that i cant think i ll find any thing even close to how good it is i think i am gunna fix it, i am trying to stall for more time so i can figure this out.....