Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help I only have low range.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TJS, Feb 29, 2004.

1. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

See sig. for what I have for a truck. I have an NP208 I think. In the snow when plowing, sometimes it would pop out of 4 wheel high and I would put it back in. Well today on the highway in 2 wheel high I was going about 65 and all of a sudden I step on the gas and it would not go. I coasted off the highway. I looked at the t-case shifter and it seemed to be not in 2 wheel. I tried putting it in 2 wheel and it felt kinda funny, still no worky. I then was able to get it into low range and drove slowly to where I was going. The trans was rebuilt 3 months ago. I have not checked the linkage yet, but to me it seems internal in the T-case. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
    T.J.

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

the shift linkages on the 208's are kinda funky. Have a freind work the 4wd shifter and watch it as he moves it to see if it dosnt look like it is moving when your buddy's moving it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

It could be the pads on the shift forks wearing out, They are only plastic. How many miles are on the Xfer case?

4. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

Took it apart today and found the planatary inner teeth sheared off. The rest of the case looks good inside. Need some plastic pads for the forks and such. Where is the best place to get parts for these things.
    T.J.