Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help!! i think my carb took a sh!t on me!!!!now need opinions on edelbrock

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Dec 31, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i went to pull my brothers stuck car out of a field and when i left, it started smokin like a mutha. but what i dont get is that it was runnin perfect this morning. it just started smokin. it still runs but i dont feel like messin with it, so on to a new carb. does n e one have experience with the #1406 edelbrock carb?? i needa know how it does in offcamber situations and all that good stuff. thanx for n e info

NITRO

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have an Edelbrock carb and I love it. Easy to adjust, good gas mileage, and it works great off-road if you do 3 simple mods to it. This site details the mods that you need to make. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I had the Edelbrock 1406 and it FLOODED going uphill only. Everything else with it was great (except when it got a little dirt in it).

I did not do the last mod in the above site listed. I did the first two along with a fuel-pressure regulator, which helped a lot.

I am curious to hear how that last mod works for others.