Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help identifying a line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGDAN112686, Apr 13, 2004.

1. BIGDAN112686

BIGDAN112686 1/2 ton status

this may be a newbie question, but what is the line coming of of the front right side of the rear differential on a 10-bolt from a 1990 k5?(assuming your standing behind the truck) its a soft line with a cap, it fell off when i was muddin and i wanna check and make sure it isnt serious. thanks in advance

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Vent tube, reconnect it or better yet, do what i did and get a longer hose.

3. BIGDAN112686

BIGDAN112686 1/2 ton status

where does it connect, i cant for the life of me find where it may have come from, does it just connect to keep out of the way or what?

4. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    where does it connect, i cant for the life of me find where it may have come from, does it just connect to keep out of the way or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just runs up & clamps to frame. Should have a plastic cap (upper end) that also serves as a check valve. 4X CRAZY mentioned extending it to a higher point to keep (oepn) end out of mud/water.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Hey when I come get the flowmaster tommorrow , and bring by chainsaw, lets extend mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I just did mine last saturday. Buy 15 feet of 5/16" fuel line and a few clamps and go to town!

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

sometimes they clamped directly to underside of the bed floor and sometimes they connected to crossmember or frame rail, all depends on year and model and such

it doesnt matter where its clamped to, as long as water wont get it, make it longer and run it up your bedside and a stake pocket if youre gonna run in several feeet of water like through the creek or anything like we do around here