Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help identifying my Q-Jet.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I aquired a quadrajet yesterday that I am going to rebuild and I need help decodeing it. The casting number on the driver side secondary is 7043202. From looking online I got a 1973 Chevy or GMC; 49-state emissions;and Automatic transmission. I was told it came off a corvette big block. I gor it bolted to cast iron big block intake that looks taller than normal. I am guessing that It probley went on a few different motors since being new.

EDIT: I have checked a few different places, and it looks like I am correct.

So, I am going to dismantle this thing soon and I would like some good ideas to make it 4x4 capable. I am running a mild 350 with stock 1.94" heads and a mild cam. I don't know the cams specs, but I may change it in the future.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It will probably work pretty well as is, but if you notice a lean surge, or have a way to check your mixture (O2 sensor, exhaust gas analyzer) you can always fine tune.

Contrary to popular belief, these carbs are not one size fits all, especially when it comes to the fine tuning.