Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help if you can, In./Ill. members first: Support the Troops

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Nov 11, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm sure you guys remember Fred Phelps, the idiot pastor who has been protesting our fallen troops at their funerals, and the owner of Godhatesfags.com. He will show up with his protestors at the funeral of a serviceman with signs saying things like:

God hates America
    Thank God for IED's
    God blew up the troops

Some of the members on colorado4x4.org decided they had had enough of this when Phelps came to Greeley today to protest the funeral of a 19 year old Marine at an LDS church. They showed up in their nice big rigs and blocked the protestors (who had a permit) so that the family and friends attending the funeral would not have to see the idiots.

Here is the thread:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=48732

This happened today, but it looks like the colorado4x4 guys were succesful.

The next protest is set for Galesburg Illinois (the Elkhart In. one was today also, so too late on that)

Here is a list of the proposed protests:
    http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ghfmir/fliers/Picket_Information.html

And these idiots will be announcing new ones as the funerals for our fallen soldiers are scheduled.

If you feel like doing anything, seems like a pretty easy deal, park in an area to block them from view and just sit in your rig until it's over.

I just thought it was pretty great that a bunch of guys went up ther on their own initiative and did this for the family.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: That guy is going to have a very bad day very soon. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sons of bitches better consider themselves goddamned lucky i didnt know they were in town today. :mad: there were 7 of them, the plow is already mounted to the K20, and it has no brakes. what do you think my odds would have been? how ****ing disrespectful can you be?

i know the funeral home very well, all of my family's services have been there, and its directly across the street from the lot i bought my '86 off of. only one arrest made, that was a Veteran who showed up to protest the protesting pieces of ****. he apparently brushed into one of the pieces of **** who was carrying a flag, and dragging it on the ground. he was supposedly upset about that. one of the protestors was a ****ing 6 or 7 year old kid! proof that our gene pool needs a bit of chlorine. too bad i wasnt around to supply it "Western" style. :mad:

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if they ever come to one here in oregon i will be there :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

This f**ker better not come to PA...