Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help Ignition problem, new engine swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Jan 17, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Swapping in a "new" engine. Replacing my beat and now destroyed 305 with a 350 and having a problem. Its in bolted up and everything is on but I am getting no spark at all. New Cap, Rotor, plugs, wires, and cleaned up the ignition module but nothing. All the wires are correct going to the distrubutor as best I can tell. Timing mark is set right and first cylinder is at TDC. Help anyone? Egnine seems to be grounded fine, added other grounds didn't help.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

forgot I have a new coil in too.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You getting 12v to the coil when the key is in the "run" position??

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes I was getting 12vs to it in run. I fixed it now. There was 1 simple wire that clipped in between the 12V and the coil that I don't know what it does but that wire prevented it from sparking and running. Shes up and running now, well have to fill the radiator and put the exhaust back on then set the timing but she is almost there.