Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help... im computer illiterate!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by airbornesoldier327, Jul 19, 2005.

1. airbornesoldier327

airbornesoldier327 1/2 ton status

Alright, so im not the smartest with computers and i need to figure out a way to go around a web blocker. Being in the army, alot of stuff is blocked through this websense filter thing, i saw one of my buddies go to another website and log in there and go to all the sites that were blocked, he siad that all that shows up is the site that he is logged into. Any one know what that is called, i guess it disguises where you are going so that you can go anywhere you want to. Thanks for the help.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck getting around websense. It drives me crazy at work. I would love to be able to get around it too.

3. airbornesoldier327

I mean really who blocks Instant messaging and Ebay? What the heck else are we supposted to do in the dessert?

4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

just a word of caution, im in the webmaster division and peeps get in trouble if caught.it an OPSEC thing (its very hard to though) u have to backdoor the server and find the mainence port and use it. have to pull up the dos window and stuff, kinda cmplicated. i know peeps who used to do for satilite acess when in the middle of the ocean ssshhhh ;)

5. airbornesoldier327

If its a OPSEC thing then why do we have phone privilages, you know? I means its probibly worse than Instant messenger.