Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help in Sacramento...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ChevyCaGal, Oct 24, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Would someone be available tomorrow at some point during the day to help me out getting my axles? I thought I might have someone to help me but he never called me back and I don't have his number so I am still wondering.... but I should know soon enough here. Anyhow I have axles that came to Forward Air. I need to get them to my house. They are in a crate and it weighs about 800lbs... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I was going to get an uhaul and have them load it up but getting them out would be another story to the side of the driveway. So I am back to square one here. I know it's short notice but I'm stuck here as what to do..... thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

Oh and I live like 15 minutes most from Forward Air so it's not you'd be having to go miles and miles and hours and hours away.... I just need someone with a truck with a bed and the means to help me get the suckers out of it because they will load them. I'll pay for your time too...

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Just a though Steph, Get a engine hoist with 4 wheel points and use it with a cable or chain to get them off the bed of a U-Haul. If you haven't found someone by 4-5pm give me a call I should be back from the bank by then.
    Bill

4. ChevyCaGal

I don't have a hoist and I dunno anyone who does... or how I would get it home then to uhaul tomorrow to rent a truck, that is if they even have any by then.... I was trying to set this up and the guy sent the axles before I was ready. With my Grandma dying it just really messed me up time wise and communication wise...

5. Tweetysuarus

Sorry! It was just a passing thought............I figured you had an Engine Hoist...........But I was wrong Sorry.
    Bill

6. Tweetysuarus

Hey check out the equipment rentals places! They might have the truck with hoist attached at the rear of the truck...... Its worth a try! ABC Rentals, Cat Rentals,Etc..........
    Bill

7. ChevyCaGal

I'm kinda just stuck here. Since I need to get them tomorrow. Not to mention I need help because I know I cannot manage them alone. I was just hoping someone wouldn't be busy tomorrow is all and lived nearby to help. Otherwise I honestly am at a loss what to do at this late of time to make arrangements....

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the cat rental store in pleasant grove..from i 5 take reigo road to pacific go north and they are on the right side...out in the middle of no where...not hard to find...roseville not really sure... should have something...i think there is one in roseville too...there is one other one but i cant remember where...its been awhile since i have been dispaching the trucks so i forgot alot of the locations

9. Tweetysuarus

Not car rental! Equipment rental! Like the one on Power Inn or the the one on the corner of Fruitridge & S. Watt. Check there for truck w/ hoist on rear of truck. I won't be off work til 2:30pm then gotta make mad dash for Roseville right after for cashing of the PayCheck or no monies til Monday! I can heelp after about 4-5pm.
    Bill

10. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

read it again...it says CAT...not car..its holt of california cat rental store...they have flat bed trucks there and a few with small cranes on em /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I can help you.
    I live in sac, have the day off tomorrow, and I have the engine hoist.
    Anything else I need to know?
    I will PM you.

12. ChevyCaGal

I have a guy from pirate gonna help me out. But if something happens I will contact you. Thank you for your offer! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. Tweetysuarus

Duhope! Oooops! My Bad.......I need glasses I guess?
    Bill