Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help in Socal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socal chevy, Sep 16, 2005.

1. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

I know alot of you are sick of seeing my post... And alot of you know my sistuation already...But Im desperate here. I am swapping a 350 motor into my 84 K10 and I am STUCK. I have gotten the motor in and bolted to the motor, and have pretty much everything hooked up except for the steering pump, vacuum lines, fan belts, and a few other small misc parts. I have had at least 5 different people come and help me with my truck, and I appreciate all of there help. Its been about a month since I started, and my sister (whos garage my truck is in) is pissed!..... I need somone who can hook-up these vacuum lines, install these fan belts, and get this truck running. I am literaly on my hands and knees begging :bow: ANYONE to help me out. My last resort is to take it to a shop where they will for sure charge me anywhere between 300 and 600 dollars :eek1: . Please help! :doah:

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I would help if I could, but Im knee deep in my own project right now. My parents are pissed and want it out too. And Im on the other side of the country :doah: .

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

If you need i can take pics of either of the trucks here to help you out. Both are 1987's
    First specs.
    305, TBI, No AC, Bone stock
    Second specs.
    350, TBI, AC. I justfinished installing this about a month ago. Complete rebuild.

Just let me know what you need and i will go get it.

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Since I live in Las Vegas now, and not the South Orange County area, I cannot help you. I am surprised there is no one on this board from that area because the area from Ocean Side (near camp Pendelton Marine base) all the way up to Los Angeles is the most densly populated area in North America. None of my buddies that still live in that area would be of much help either because they are all in the construction trade, and could not handle anything more than a water pump or altenater R&R.

I remember when I used to go surfing and boogy boarding a lot at Pecos Beach and the T-Street pier in San Clemente when I was a teenager. I had a lot of fun hanging out, and going to parties in San Clemente back then.

5. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

I really need someone here, but pics of the steering pump brackets, and all vacuum lines would really help. :doah:

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I don't think the vacuum lines are the same from your 84 to my 87 but i will see if i can find some for you.
    As for the PS brackets, does yours have AC or not? The upper brackets are different.

7. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Hey dude, did that guy come down last week and help you out? I know for sure that the 87 lines are way different. The 84's got freakin vaccum lines going everywhere! Its annoying as hell. Anyways cameron sorry I couldnt make it down last week. Like I was telling you my collar is broken in two places and I am scheduled to go get surgery and have a plate put in it. :mad: Sorry to hear that your truck isnt up yet, have you gotten any further since I last delt with it. Its a project and that last guy that you got the motor from screwed you big time.