Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help installin 8in lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Sep 30, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

just need help with tcase and diff angles, and driveshaft. do i need a new driveshaft? Im thinkin one of those high angle driveshafts should solve angle and driveshaft problems? but wats your opinion on this, seeing how im sure that driveshaft will be very expensive.

phill

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

It wont work! Put it back in the box, and ship it to the address I will P/M to you. LOL! [​IMG]

You will prob need to drop the Tcase, and pitch the pinion up some. Are these rear springs, or add a leaf and blocks? The blocks will prob have a taper built in to turn the pinion up for you, and the spring packs should have a built in shim.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

the high angle driveshaft will help with the TC end of the shaft but not with the pinion end. the high angle shaft was built to help guys with tons of suspension travel i believe. i dont think it is a cure for excessive pinion angle problems.
    i have no driveshaft issues with 10" springs having had the dif cut n turned to put the pinion 6deg high at rest. i have junk springs from superlift so travel hasn't caused me any trouble.
    i would say yes you need new driveshafts

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Dropping the t-case and raising the pinion angle is about all you can do. Cutting and turning the diff works, or you can use degree shims. I have a 9" suspension lift on my Blazer and I'm using 6 degree shims which work just fine.

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

5. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i know this is a dumb question but how do u drop the tcase?

phill

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Loosen the transfer case skid plate bolts and put spacers in between and button it back up ......... It's a must do with a lift of any size !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !