Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help it's COLD in tahoe!

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 1STK5, Dec 3, 2002.

1. 1STK5

1STK5 Registered Member

Help it\'s COLD in tahoe!

The wifes 95 tahoe is freezing. Heater seems to come on but I can't get the fan to come on. Fuses OK
    Any ideas?

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Re: Help it\'s COLD in tahoe!

Not sure, but I think the blower motor is on a relay under the hood.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The blower motor relay is behind the glove box. Pull the glove box out and you will see the top of the air box. Theres 3 relays. Make sure it is clicking when you turn the fan on.

If it is, next pull out the resistor array out of the air box. It's shaped like this <> and it has 2 screws holding it in and a wiring harness plugged into the center of it. It's screwed into the top of the airbox. It holds the resistors that control the speeds of the motor. They are a common thing to have burn out. Usually you will loose everything but high because they don't control high.

My theory if the fan doesn't work at all would be that it's the relay.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look up under the dash, below the glove box. That's where the blower motor is located. You'll see 2 wires going to the blower motor. One is power, the other is ground. Check to see if there is power on the power wire when the fan should be on. If there is, then the motor is dead. Changing it is a royal pain in the a$$. If there isn't any power at the blower, then you'll have to start working back through the circuit to find out where the power stops. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

To change the motor you have to remove the glove box, ECM and the ECM mounting bracket. Then you can remove the sound insulation cover that is over the motor. You'll probably have to loosen the lower part of the dash to get the motor out. The guy that designed that setup needs to be slapped! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. 1STK5

1STK5 Registered Member

Thanks to all for your help, at least now I have a starting point.