Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP LEAF OUT OF PLACE!! PICS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LIFSVR7, May 12, 2003.

1. LIFSVR7

LIFSVR7 Registered Member

I just seen today that one of my leafs is out of place on the driver's rear... I have no clue how or why, could have somthing ot do with when I got stuck in the creek bottom and got pulled out... anyone know how I can get it in?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifPLEASE
    PICS HERE... [image]http://community.webshots.com/user/lifsvr7[/image]

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

nice work.
    remove the ubolts and see if the centerbolt is broken

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

WOW, mine helicoptered too but nothing like that!!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Quality!
    Uhh my bet is your u-bolts are loose. That or you have s shim that got spit out. It also wouldn't surprise me if your center pin is bottoming out on the axle tube. You might need to grind it down some. Your u-bolts should be straight up and down not off at an angle like that. 1020lbft of torqe on thos bolts as I recall with the weight of the vehicle on the axle to compress the spring.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Ya grim reapers right gotta tighten them with the the weight on the springs, but straichten up the u bolts first.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1020lbft of torqe on thos bolts as I recall with the weight of the vehicle on the axle to compress the spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where would I find a torque wrench that goes that high? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. LIFSVR7

Ok, so how in the hell do I get in back in line??? I know I have to straighten out the ubolts.. and retorque them... I also see where it has slid on the axle... so Do I just loosen them and line it back up then retorque em??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

take the wheel off, take the weight off the axle, then let the weight rest on the frame after the axle is suspended loosen up the U-bolts, check everything out, if everything is ok and you dont have to call rough country for new parts, grab a bud, no not a beer, a buddy who is willing to help, then get the leafts close together, then when they are hitting the wear pads, hammer, pry, twist, hit, yell, do anything you have to do to get them back in line again, my over load spring is out of wack on the bottom, on the drivers side, i tryed hitting it with a hammmer with the weight on the vehicle but it started moveing the shim on the bottom and wouldnt move very far from there. anywho, yes torque them U-bolts to 120-140 ft\lbs, But to be safe id call rough country and see what they have to say. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. LIFSVR7

Well, it was not as bad as I made it to seem... I did it today.. thanks everyone for their help... I didn't have a torque wrench so I just tightened the hell out of it with a breaker bar... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif