Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP! Lift kit for S-10.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theitalian404, May 7, 2005.

1. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

Hi guys, I hope ya'll can help me. I have a 1993 S-10 Blazer 4x4, with a 4.3 Vortec. I am looking to install a suspension lift. I have looked around for awhile, and there are very few lifting options for a S-10 Blazer. It's either a 2" for about $600, 5" for about $1100, or a 6" for about $1300. My problem is: A 2" is too small, and a 5" or 6" is too much money; for I am just 15.(My dad payed for half of my Blazer, and I am doing all the rest on my own.). SO..This is what I thought about doing...you know those rear leaf sping flip kits??..im gonna buy one of them...that will give me 5" of lift in the rear...but how can i jack up the front? No one sells individual lower control arms, and by just tightening my torsion bars...that MIGHT give me 1.5" of lift in the front...still leaving 3.5" to raise. So, any advice/opinions/etc is welcomed! Don't think I haven't looked into a body lift....but i'm wanting to stay clear of those because they are for looks, not performance....and they also make your frame more exposed. Like i said, any comments....PLEASE post!

2. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

I was into s10s back then but found the k series a lot kewler.

The only thing i can suggest is to install a real front axle. Dont ask me how much work that is because i dont know. But it should take less then a week, if it was done on monster garage.

3. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you could use a body lift to get three inches a add a leaf in the rear for about an inch and a half and some torsen bar crank that would give you almost five inches total. Body lifts also only run about 100 dollars

4. theitalian404

yeah...i was wanting to stay away from the body lifts.. :frown1: . oh yeah, installing that "real" axle up front is a great idea...but...a lot of $$, time, and patience. thanks for the replies..anymore??

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  5. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

if you want to stay away from a body lift you are going to have to pay a good amount of money. You might want to start looking on eBay to maby find a used one that might be a little cheaper. That is why the older SFA trucks are popular because lift kits are a lot cheaper. I have a 93 s-10 4x4 that i thought about lifting but in the long run it was cheaper to get a fullsize and keep my s-10 for a daily driver

6. mudslinger6

mudslinger6 1/2 ton status

lift

hey im 17 and have bought and payed for all my vehicles i used to have an 89 fullsize lifted and thats ahell alot easier and cheaper then ifs i sold the old rig and now have an 88 an 89 s-10 blazer its to exspensive ive looked over all the same options your best bet is to get the 2inch kit...i have 31s on my truck now stock suspension no mods, so a 2 inch suspension would be plenty for 31's ne bigger than 31's id recomend new gears and thats big bucks in ifs rigs to.....lol NOT TO MENTION ALL U GUYS I WHEELED MY 88 TONIGHT WITH THE 31'S AND JUMPED OVER A LITTLE HILL NOT KNOWING WHATS ON THE OTHER SIDE CAUGHT MY FRONT LEFT CV SHAFT AND SNAPPED IT!!!!!1WHEELING FUNNN

7. theitalian404

Yeah man, I really don't know what I should do. I don't know if I should sell it before I add anymore mods, or just keep it awhile and add a lift and tires...??? I think i'll keep it, I mean it's my first vehicle...and i've only owned it for about a month.

Oh yeah, suggestions regarding my lift kit problem are still welcome!

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

We're doing a SFA swap for an '89 S10 blazer. Still in the parts gathering and research stage, but we've pretty much got most of it figured out. Will cost about $400-$500 in the end, maybe less.

9. theitalian404

humm...i think i'm just gonna throw on some 32's and a 2.5" lift and a 2" body....then a locker. i mean, i haven't got stuck yet....and i've had shizzle over my headlights.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  10. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

im in the process of putting a solid axle in my 92 s10.

id say just do a sas its cheaper and easier than lifting the ifs junk

11. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

you could always :hack: the fenders lol

j/k

Just go 32s or what ever the biggest tire you can fit and then save up for the lift kit you want.

12. theitalian404

hey chevybanshee....about how much money you got into the solid axle swap so far??? and i really don't mind my ifs besides the fact it makes lifts more $$$$. and could anyone just answer this....: if i put a leaf spring flip kit in my back.....does anyone sell like a 4-5 inch FRONT lift with control arms?? cuase that'd be ahella lot cheaper..you know like $110 for a flip kit....and like $200-300 for a front lift.(if possible.).

GUYS KEEP ON GIVING ME IDEAS, AND ANSWERS...THEY ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

13. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

well im using a 14bff and a d60, 350,sm465,205. i had the 60 out of my 79 that im getting shortend for 100$, i bought a 14 bolt from a c&c truck(real narrow) for 50$, im not even close to done yet so im only out 150$ so far, probly gona be a few hundred more to get the axle shafts shortend, i still gota finish rebuilding the motor, i already had the 465 and 205, and im probly gona have to buy some more steel, and welding wire/gas

you could probly do it less than 500$ if you use jeep axles.

im taking lots of pictures and im gona update as i go along

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anything less than a differential drop in the front, for the kind of lift you want, is absolutely pointless to do. you'll end up spending the money you "saved" on ball joints, steering components, and half shafts. you can more than max out the usable range of the half shafts with stock torsion bars.

15. theitalian404

thanks for all the comments/replies guys...but im not going to do a lift. im just gonna save up my mula, sell my S-10 and buy a fullsize Blazer.

Thanks,
    Grasso.

Last edited: May 11, 2005