Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me choose my Christmas gift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Nov 14, 2005.

?

What 4 tires would you get

1. 33x12.50

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. 34x9.50

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Don't get either, just keep saving and waiting, and not wheeling

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Lets just say you were a broke college student, and you could either one of these for Christmas. Here's the catch, it must mounted on stock 16.5x6.75 wheel. Your truck has 3.73 gears and a th400. And possibly a 2 inch body lift as a temporary solution untill funds will permit a suspension lift. Which would you choose.

PS: I'm leaning toward one of the choices, due to one of my buddies on CK5... but I would like to hear your insight.......

And I already know that 16.5's don't have a safety bead :o

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I choose 33's because they are easy to come by. Usually cheap and easy to sell when you upgrade. It seems like almost everyone wanted or had 33's at one point and they fit rather well stock. Here is mine on 3312.5 15's on 8 inch wide rims. You can see it is close to touching the fender and do sometimes. But nothing to be afraid of.
    [​IMG]

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I'd buy the 33" LTB swampers since they're extremely reasonably priced and the tread pattern is very aggressive. You'll have plenty of fun off road w/ 33" swampers, they're big enough to get you places and small enough to not break parts or suck all the power out of your engine.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I say the 34s because in that size range its the tire width that gets you, not the height. A 33x10.50 fits better than the 12.50.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I say 34's , becase they will be closer to 34 , than a 33 is to 33 ...... assuming they are the tires I am thinking of , I.E Super Swampers :D That and they will fit and look better on the skinny rim :D

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Build the truck first. Get it setup for big tires, nothing smaller than a 35". That way you can wheel with no chance of rubbing and later, when you get your real tires, you will be done.

At least untill you realize that 37 is a small tire and you get some 39.50.

7. 78Suburban

but then I'll never get to wheel........ That's just it, I'm broke..... I have 3.73's gears and a sawzall. and I would like to ustilize both of those in my build and run some smaller tires...........

Wow, I'm really torn between the 34 and 33 right now... I honestly don't have a clue which one I should get.... :eek1:

8. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

i say get the 33X12.5. you said you got a sawzall so rubbing shouldnt be a problem. i understand the broke kid point of view, buy those they wheel fine. im assuming uve been reading the interco blems page?? super super cheap cant go wrong with that

9. 78Suburban

I talked to my dad. I think he may really buy the set of 33x12.50's for Christmas... :D ........... thats gonna be the wee out of my current street tires that stand at a heaping 28" tall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :haha:

10. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

haha looks like someones ready for some fun. another thing you can do is the homemade shackle flip in the rear. cheap not hard works the same as any other shackle flip. i dunno how you would cheapily lift the front but thats a start. :thumb:

11. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Dont I remember those days, 235/75/15 Roughriders A/T's on stock rims. Really what was GM thinking putting such a small tire on these rigs. With the stock size rubber on it looks like they are about to roll over.

12. 78Suburban

I'm about to call my Dad and give him the ordering information.. I really hope I will be happy with these and not blow beads non stop.. :p:

13. 78Suburban

they are ordered. I asked the salesman, and he said that the blem tires only have sidewall defects (messed up lettering) and that I might not even be able to notice the defect. He said that they used to sell all of the blems to a company, but now that company doesn't buy them... he said its a costly process of marketing them all.... so this deal might not last much longer, if they find a company to take them..

He also said that they don't get many bogger blems, that factory would rather destroy the tire, than to see it get out into public.