Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me chose. Give me the good and bad points you may have. Thanks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by google, Jul 8, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

I just got [​IMG] and I already have [​IMG]

The burb's tranny is in the back seat and needs to be rebuilt. It's a th400. Here is my delema. I'm not sure if I should canabalize the burb for the blazer or not. I could use the doors, hood, front end, fenders to make my blazer much more presentable. I could prolly use the drive shafts when I lift the blazer and the blazer also needs a power steering box and pump and steering column which the burb has. OR, should I rebuild the tranny and sell the burb? What would you pay for it if you didn't know that I got it at a GSA auction for $175. Think it would be worth doing that and using the money to pimp (4 wheel style) the blazer or just keep it as is and turn the blazer into a trail truck.

Just need some good points to help me make my choice on what I want to do. I'm just unsure.

Would the leaf springs on the burb lift the blazer at all?

What would the going rate be on the burb if I left it with nothing but rolling chassies?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, do a cheap rebuild on the th400 and sell that thing. You could score a lotta profit. nice body panels and chit are wasted on the k5 anyway right... rocks will take'em out eventually anyway.

j

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

TTT need some more advice or options I haven't come up with.

4. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I think you should take what you need from the burb and sell the rest. Its probably worth more in parts than whole IMO.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. You scored a deal on the 'Burb - fix the tranny and sell it. Take the $$ and do what you want to the Blazer. You canabalize the 'burb, you will have two POS stacks in your yard. plus its bad karma. :D