Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me chose...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 11, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay I have come down to a descion I don't know of. I plan on having a big horse power mudbogger, but with the 44's I think it may be to high (tippy) on the rocks. I want/need the 44's for ground clearence in the mud. Then I also want to rock crawl like you guys. It looks really fun and I want to go to BB one day. So I was thinking maybe 37's or 38's, a doubler, 1 ton axles, and body armor for the jimmy and I'd be set. BUT The jimmy is also my DD so I don't want it that high, and I want the doubler for the extra low gears in low range. So what I am thinking is keep the Jimmy (the DD) low with 35's or smaller, and 4" lift and just use it for camping, fishing, and whatnot. Then build up the blazer with the big engine, 44's, top chop, f/r taper, boatside, etc and use it in mud and rocks. Here is the problem, what is the least amount of lift that will still let 44's COMPLETLY flex with 52's or posibly 57's in the front, and 57's or posibly 63's in the rear. I don't want it to be stuffed when sitting. I am also not afaid of hacking this blazer as you can see up top with the body mods /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so fender trimming isn't a problem to a certain extent. I hope I am not rambling on too much. And if anyone can answer my questions it would be greatly apreciated /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

P.S. 'scuse my spelling I am in a rush... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Then build up the blazer with the big engine, 44's, top chop, f/r taper, boatside, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you taper it , or better yet run tubes and some sheetmetal , then you could fit any tire with 4-6 inch springs /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

well I won't be having a truggy like Baddog, or other people so there wont be much tube 'cept for the bumpers, rocker protection, and rollcage. I want it to be light as possible (light? Kind of funny considing big block engine, heavyduty rollcage, and heavy bumpers. etc.)

But would 4-6" really work /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Opps, I forgot to mention I will be relocating the axles, with the springs, and with those things from ORD eventually

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Then build up the blazer with the big engine, 44's, top chop, f/r taper, boatside, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you taper it , or better yet run tubes and some sheetmetal , then you could fit any tire with 4-6 inch springs /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    And moving the axle forward /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Check out Sandman's rig. He is running 39.5's right now and has room for 42's with a set of stock 52" springs up front. Netting about 4" lift plus a 1" body lift.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

So around 6 or 7" would do me? Sounds good /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif