Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me decide how to spend my money

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Sep 8, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a gift trust that I will be cashing in, In a few weeks. I am only going to spend about 600 of it and invest the rest into a CD or the stock market. So what should I get. Right now I'm debating over x over for my d44 or a 8274 winch. I know I can pick up a fully working 8274 for arround 500, and I could get the whole crossover setup for arround 500 ish depending on the knuckles and milling etc. My rear will be welded soon, so I'm not going to buy a locker or anything. So what would you do???

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd get the X-Over, winch sure would be nice but steering is even nicer...

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Depends on the type of wheeling you do. I'd go with the winch if you don't abuse your junk real bad. Buy the braces from ORD and cover the frame end of it though. As someone put it one time, a winch is the only mod that'll get you out of a bad situation instead of farther into one.

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok Most likely going to go with the steering upgrade. As long as I wheel with buddies that have winches I should be fine! Thanks