Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP ME....FAST

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 19, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Okay...I need to be able to drive the Blazer tomorrow...and right now I don'tr think that is happening...

Tonigh I basically did a general tune-up...Although I haven't finished yet. So far I have replace the spark plucgs, wires, thermostat, radiator hoses, heater hoses, flushed Radiatior, and cleaned the air filter...

The problem is no it runs like SH*T...It idles rough and when you gas on it when drinving, it sounds like its about to die, then goesback to its rough idle when you let off the gas... WHAT IS THE DEAL...I am realativeyly new to woking on my own vehicles so please give me any input you may have...

Personally, I think I mixed up the plug wires at the disdributor...could that cause my problems? If so...aHow do the wires go into the distributor (i.e what order)

PLZ HELP ME GUYS

1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

18436572 and the #1 is one back( i think) from the vacuum advance,

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. fortcollinsram

So that means I put the wires on the dis. in that order around clockwise starting at the front?

1987 Blazer K5, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" BFG AT, Dual Battery setup, AND MORE TO COME [​IMG]

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd check to see about the plug wires. I switched two of mine around recently and it ran like it was the biggest piece of junk ever. Sounds like the same type of thing yours is doing now so I'd check that first.....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it won't always be the front but if that is where your vacuum advance is pointing then yes.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

6. fortcollinsram

I'm gonna run out and mess w/ it for a few..I'll let you know if it fixes it

Thanks for the help,
    Chris

7. fortcollinsram

Hey 55Willy...I FIXED IT [​IMG] thank you SOOOOO much bud...It turned out the #7 and #2 wires were mixed up at the dis. Not ir runs like a dream... Now I can have a vehicle tomorow to get my wisdom teeth put...(I'm not kidding either) My mom would have killed me if she knew I worked on it for 5 hours and it didn't run tomorrow..so thanks....Later

Peace,
    Chris

8. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Chris A lesson I learned loooong ago when I was young and dum and in kollij. I used to put a numbered clothespin on each wire as I pulled it off. It would correspond with the position on the dist. cap. Or take one off and replace it, then go to the next one. One by one. I'm not saying you're young and dum, just me. "Cept now I'm older and dummer!

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim