Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me figure this out.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by clarkjw24, Dec 15, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Included are pictures of what I have to install in my K5. I also have a pioneer head unit 7400 series 45x4watts and two pioneer 3 1/2"s in the dash. Does anyone know anything about the ratings on the hotsetup amp. How and where would you install all of this. I like for my amps to be displayed but out of harms way. I'm thinking custom rear panels extending out to fenderwells and up to back seat arm rest. This should give me enough room for the 10s facing in and maybe some 6s facing forward beside the back seat. Thinking of sinking and plexiglassing an amp on each side at the front of the back seat. I've got some flo lights to glow on the amps and externall fans to keep them cool. I'll also run some 4 gauge to a dist. block and show it too. I had all of this minus the tens in my ExtCab S-10 at one time. Had the single fosgate 12" in it. Also thought about cutting out and flush mounting the 1" infinitys in the dash facing the passangers.

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i just finished installing a system in my K5. the way i did it was:

Q-form kick panels for 6 1/2" components
    6x9's in custom boxes on top of the wheel wells even with the back seat facing forward.
    2 12's in a custom box that fits between both wheelwells and inline w/ 6x9's.
    subs facing forward hidden behind seat.
    custom amp enclosure that fits behind sub box and fills entire cargo area all the way to tailgate.its about 6" tall with a lid that acts as a false floor. the floor of the enclosure is 3/4" off the ground to hide wires. i put a divider panel in the middle so one half holds amps, one half for storage/tools.

i personally like hiding the veiw of amps/subs from prying eyes, but have it look cool when you want to show it off. if someone looks in thru my rear window, all you see is a carpeted floor.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i just noticed you using audiobahn subs. those look identical to mine, except mine are 12" are those dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm voice coils?

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm thinking a false floor now to house the amps. But I'm still going to "counter sink" and cover with thick plexiglass. Or has anyone ever raised the back seat to mount amps under? Maybe some 3" brackets and raise the lock. Then you can flip the seat and view the amps. :thinking: