Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me find an old post? re:paying through the USPS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Jun 16, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I read a post a month or 2 ago stating that any payment i send for goods through the postal service was there for concidered their concern and could me deemed as mail fraud or something like that. does anyone know which thread that was? I'm asking because i'm buying a T.V. for $477 and don't want to get screwed. Thanks

2. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

From the website:

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the law enforcement branch of the U.S. Postal Service, empowered by federal laws and regulations to investigate and enforce over 200 federal statutes related to crimes against the U.S. Mail, the Postal Service and its employees. Postal Inspectors investigate any crime in which the U.S. Mail is used to further a scheme, whether it originated in the mail, by telephone or on the Internet. The use of the U.S. Mail is what makes it a mail fraud issue.
    If evidence of a postal-related violation exists, Postal Inspectors may seek prosecutive or administrative action against a violator; however, if money is lost to a fraudulent scheme conducted through the mail, Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure you are refunded your loss and cannot require that products, services or advertisements, on the Internet or elsewhere, be altered.

Postal Inspectors base their investigations of mail fraud on the number, pattern and substance of complaints received from the public. The Postal Inspection Service is interested in your concerns and will carefully review the information you provide.

Hope this helps

Dave

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks so much dave, that's just what i needed!