Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me fix my motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Nov 15, 2005.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

ok this is the deal im going off to college at the end of December (Wyotech :saweet: ) and i need to fix my motor. money is not a big concern but i dont want to blow a whole bunch on something that is my daily driver.
    ok first its a 350 with 90k on it the carb is a edelbrock and the filter is a K/N.
    other than that its nothing special. now the carb is in need of replacment and the intake probably needs replacing. what do i need to buy in order to get the best combo of gas milage, but also keep some power to. this a daily driver so i dont need 400hp. just enough to have alittle fun with. what do you guys recomend

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Just rebuild the Carb.

Why would you "need" to replace your intake?

3. buffblazer

well the manifold is the original and i thought getting a better one will help horsepower and gas ( i know a few things about motors but not much hence that is why im going to Wyotech)

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Oh, I see. I won't be of much help then. I rebuild carbs for people but i have not looked at one from a performance view recently.

5. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

holley carb, edelbrock intake, vortc heads, comp cam. headers and MSD Hei distributor. Everything is self explanatory except for the cam, unsure which to go with, depends on many things. Somebody probably knows a good cam to go with

6. buffblazer

well what will that do for my gas because it sucks kinda bad right now and i want better gas milage, but without the loss of too much power. this is a college rig, so after college when i get settled down and get somthing newer i will take the blazer and start turning it into my dream machine :D