Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me get it right!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BLAZER454, Jan 4, 2001.

1. BLAZER454

BLAZER454 1/2 ton status

I have a 1990 Silverado ext. cab 4x4 truck. I want to put a good stereo in it. I have a real nice detachable face receiver but it is cassette. I want to go with orginal, 4 speaker set up with an amp. The rear speakers can handle 6x9s I think without problem, the front are probably the small round ones (maybe 3-4"). How can I get this so I can crank it up and have it sound really great? I HAVE to keep the inside stock because I have 3 kids and a wife that ride with me at times. So NO big speaker boxes in the seat!!

I've gone Nuckin' Futs!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I hate to break it to you, but those aren't 6x9's in the back. Your truck has 4x6 inch speakers front and rear. So you're either going to have to add a sub, or just not have that much bass. And to make things worse, you have to completely disassemble the rear of your truck to get those speakers out. The shop I work at charges an EXTRA $48 on top of the regular labor to change out the rear speakers. How about a small sub box under the seat???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. BLAZER454

BLAZER454 1/2 ton status

I could do just about anything that will keep the inside clear and give out some good sound

I've gone Nuckin' Futs!

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

blazere454~~ i still got the amp..... interested? i didnt hear back from ya

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

THe stock speakers in the rear are 4x10.... You can cut a board to cover it and put 6x9's in it.....if your only going to put the speakers in the dash, you'll have problems with them if you put to much power to them...... you may want to check into the "Q-forms" for the kick panels or put speakers in the door.....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"