Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me get my Christmas present

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    So I think I am going to ask Santa for a new set of door pannels, but before I tell everyone what I want, I need to know what year to ask for. So..... Will the 81-91 door pannels fit the 77-80? Where would you recomend looking other than LMC and Cheyennepickup? Thanks

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

2. schlechto

schlechto Registered Member

How about JC Whitney?

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

I have looked at JC whitney and all they seem to have is a single style (not any original style) and it dosent seem to look very promising. I really like the 81-91 style door pannels though. I just need to know if all the holes are in the same place. I know I have seen the 81-91 door pannels on a 77 blazer, but I think the guy swaped the whole doors from a later model suburban.

Sparky

78 K-5

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The newer style panels fit. The door latches are different though so to use the door latch pockets you'd need the newer style latches. They're easy to swap. All the holes line up too.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

Sweet! Thanks trusty. So all i will need to do is get the new style door opener latch and everything else is bolt up. Couldnt be happier. I knew that lady I talked to at LMC didnt know what she was talking about!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Sparky on 12/03/01 03:49 PM.</FONT></P>

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll also need the little pocket that goes around the new latch...here's the part numbers for the handle assembly you'll need.
    LMC # 38-6450, LH
    LMC # 38-6451, RH
    My most recent catalog is the summer 2001 edition and the parts are on page 15.
    My catalog shows $12.95 for the LH and $14.95 for the RH[​IMG] Also I cannot find the little pocket that goes around the handle anywhere in the LMC catalog. *shrug*

Try a wrecking yard or maybe Cheyenne or somebody else will have em.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

7. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

thanks again trusty. Right now I am looking most closely at LMCs door pannels. The only thing I dont like about them is that they dont come with the part infront of the arm rest with the cloth on it. (at least that is what the lady on the phone said) Does anyone know where I can get the cloth part or have any idea if someone caries a door pannel with the cloth?

78 K-5