Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me get my K5 ready for the Safari!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zakk, Sep 29, 2001.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

ok...two problems:
    engine gremlins: at freeway speeds, my engine stubles. It only happens when i gas it r am doing above 60 on the freeway. The RPM's drop, kick back up, over and again. I think it is the engine and not the tranny cuz it starts to die, not "slip" also if it was the tranny it the RPM's would skyrocket, not die, right? i repaced the q-jet yesterday, timing is fine, plugs are ok, no wires burnt...any suggestions as to what it might be? new fuel pump going on today.
    Second: How do i put on a d60 steering block? i wold have to take apart the steering and am not that comfortable doing that...is it something i can tackle alone?
    any and all help or suggestions appreciated!

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you have a inline fuel filter, be sure to replace that too

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

new fuel filter went in with the carb. could it be the distributer itself? it is an HEI

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's