Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me get my rig going again....

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jul 25, 2003.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I guess once you get bitten by the bug it never leaves you. I am going to take my left over frame and drivetrain and make a tube buggy. My new project is a super light weight rig with maximum ground clearance.

If anyone can hook me up with some old 1/2 ton running gear at a dirt cheap price that would be great. I need leaf springs too. Let me know so I can get back in this and go wheeling with all you cool guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I might have the 1/2 ton axles and springs. Where do you live? If interested, let me know.

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I've got D44 + 12 bolt 3.73 from a 78 k10. and a set of flat top knuckles. rear springs (not lift) possibly 4" front springs(need to see if my buddy still wants them)p.m. me if interested /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Do you need t-case & tranny? also have a th350 + 203 combo

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Thats exactly what I am wanting. Let me know what kind of deal we could work out! I am in central Iowa and have a little S10 at my disposal. 3.73's are perfect because I plan on running 36's with a doubler. I need **stock** leaf springs, I am going to go monoleaf at all 4 corners.

Its kinda funny I couldnt give my 1/2 ton stuff away now I wish I still had it!

Any way let me know what kind of deal we can work.

THX!
    Brent

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Brent,
    As another option, I have a set of '71 1/2 ton axles. They are a D44 and 12 bolt with 3:73 gears. The D44 is open and completely stock, except for the '77 non-flat top knuckles and tie rod. The 12B has Richmond gears and an Auburn Pro-Series limited slip.

Currently, they are still under my Suburban, but I will pull them if you want them. I am almost ready to swap in my 8-lug D44 and 14BFF so it is no big deal. I would like to get $300 for the pair, I have alot more than that in the 12B. Let me know if you are interested. I would be more than willing to meet you half way somewhere along I80. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would be enterested in the gears and (locker) out of the axles that 8 your h2 doesnt take if either of you are willing to split them up

7. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

My house? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Close to I80 anyway.

8. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Thanks all for the great offers. I am going to have to put this idea on ice for a month or so. The tranny went out in the shaggin waggin to the tune of $1700.

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I know you are slowing down on the project, but I've got some factory front springs in the garage that you can HAVE!! They've been sitting in the corner since I pulled them off my rig. Your's if you want them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif