Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me! I've looked everywhere

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Jun 9, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I cannot find any information on the build date of my 14FF the code stamped on the axle tube is RFJ G0651 and on the casting is 12 dots shaped like a clock with an arrow pointing at the 4 o'clock postion with a 10 cast right beside that. Below the clock is cast the letters GFD with 62 immediatly below that. And finally is 3977323 which I think is the casting number for the 14FF itself. Please help me!!! I also would like to know if all 14FF wheel cylinders mount with one large nut or do the newer ones use 2 bolts reason is mine have 1 large nut to hold them to the backing plates.

I know I ramble and it is long but any info would be great.

Thanks

Ira

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I cant find it either...

I only have a 1946-1972 chevy dealer parts book,its not listed there--the code is RFJ--but it must be a 73-87 axle (or newer?)..you'll have to call a GM truck dealership and ask the parts counter guy to look up that code....a Hollander Interchange Manual used at junkyards might list the codes too...the dealer is the best bet though.. :crazy:

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check the numbers on the edge of the ring gear. The last 4 digits will be the build date.

Rene

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I dont know if the gears have been changed out I guess it would get me in the ball park though. It is possible to have 3.73 with gov-bomb from factory.

Thanks guys.

Ira