Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me make a decision

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Casey 86K5, May 4, 2001.

1. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

Its been a while since I have posted, but I have quite a problem on my hands- I bought a house last week which is good news, the bad news is the K5 may have to go. I was planning on keeping it until it broke the front right leaf spring yesterday. The spring broke at the rear shackle and is wedged between what is left of the shackle and the frame. It is still driveable since I was on a long trip when it broke and I didnt notice it until I got home. I would like to keep the truck but if problems like this keep happening, I wont be able to afford my house payment. I was thinking that I could just grab another front spring and shackle for that side and fix it but Im not sure if the truck would sit right. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
    thanks

Casey 86K5 [​IMG]
    <font color=red> -'86 K-5 350/700-R4/14 bolt rear/10-bolt front </font color=red>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://86blazer.coloradok5.com>http://86blazer.coloradok5.com</A>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Buy some new lift springs and get the ORD shackles and be done with it for good! [​IMG]

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You should be able to pick up a pair of springs and shackles for little of nothing. I'd go ahead and replace both front springs while I was at it, same with shackles. There isn't too much of an investment involved in a pair of springs & shackles, you may even be able to find them in a boneyard.

[​IMG]

4. red75blazer

red75blazer Registered Member

My opinion is to never sell a Blazer. I am on my third 75 and still wish I had the first two. What you spend to fix the one you have will always be less than buying another one and then fixing it also!

red75blazer

5. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

If you get rid of the K5, what are you gonna drive? Are you gonna get another vehicle? I think I'd rather sink my cash into a truck I already know well, than take a chance on another vehicle and run the risk of having to repair a bunch of stuff on it while makeing car payments. Check the boneyards, and post what ya need in the parts section, in my opinion.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]