Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me out here

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bUrLyBlAzEr89, Aug 5, 2002.

1. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

ya i want my friend to sell his f150 2wd and get a blazer but i havent found a really good deal so ya give me some pros and cons of getting a k5. and if you know any good deals tell me for under 2300

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I see them sell as little as 2 grand and as high as 6 grand here in Arizona. It just depends on the condition. Look for a mechanically sound truck even if its dented a little. Paint and bodywork is of no use to four wheelers. Show trucks dont go off road. As to the pros and cons, there are no cons. You can go off raod comfortably , and pop your top and move your furniture like if you had a pickup. The best of both worlds!!

3. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

pros:
    topless! get him out in one on a nice sunny day with the top off, he'll have one in no time

comfortably seats 4, can easily seat 5 if need be, compared to the 3-4 of a pickup...

4wd! i've never had good luck off roading 2wds, and man i hate it when people lift 2wds, well i've seen some prerunners that are 2wd and put my truck to shame, but they're limited on the terrains where they work well...

you're in cali so your 2 grand will go a lot farther in getting a solid truck than in the rusty areas

cons:
    probably a little worse gas mileage if he gets a 4wd...but if hes concerned, get a diesel, that'll even beat his 2wd on mileage, and sounds cool too..

they're addictive, wait, that should go in the pros too

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Short wheel base for wheelin'!! Crawl over anything! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Easy to lift too. Just my two cents. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif