Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me pick the right EFI

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by TWISTEDJACK, Jan 12, 2007.

1. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here is what I have right now.

SBC 391 stroker
    Dart heads 2.02/1.6 200cc runners 64cc
    compression ratio 9.5/1
    and the cam

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12-239-3 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Engine[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1955-1998 Chevrolet
    262ci-400ci
    8cyl.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grind Number [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CS X4 262H-11 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intake[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exhaust[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Valve Adjustment[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gross Valve Lift[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.462 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.48 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duration At 0.006 Tappet Lift[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]262 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]270 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Valve Timing At 0.006 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Open[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Close[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intake[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]58 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exhaust[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]70 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These Specs Are For The Cam Installed At 107 Intake CL[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intake[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exhaust[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duration At 0.05 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]218 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]226 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lobe Lift[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.308 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.32 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lobe Separation[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]111 [/FONT]

This cam pulls hard up to 5200 then tops off.

Seems like every system I have looked at is 1600 to 2400
    is there a cheaper solution that I am missing?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

A DIY setup is Megasquirt, I believe they are quite cheap.

The expensive parts are the throttle body and fuel rails. If you can find cheap ones of those that will actually fuel your motor, then you'd be well off. Something that big is not going to be cheap to inject and extract it's full potential.

3. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The Holley TBI with the Commander 950 module has been a pretty good setup for the money and will easily support your horsepower/airflow needs and will grow with you if you decide you have a need for more.
    I have a 406 with a GM TBI setup that works pretty well, had to buy a big throttle body and up the fuel pressure then spend about a month getting the chip right, but it only cost 4-500 bucks for everything.

4. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So I could buy an after market TBI only, source the right ECM/sensors harness off a junkyard and have a chip burned or buy some software to program it myself to got the cheap route. It looks like to make a TPI run right it is going to be big bucks.

5. gooslinger

gooslinger Registered Member

you could buy the big block tbi system I have for sale and send the prom to howell and have them reprogram to run your engine