Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me pick tires and rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Aug 24, 2005.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

i need new tires and rims so what do you guys have in mind. i'd like to have 33's and the tires are gonna need to be for mostly pavement but off course a little bit of off road. and the rims need to look goodand the size is between 15-17 all in all i dont want to spend more than $1200. so what do you guys have in mind. i woudl set up a poll but i dont know how :doah:

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i currentl have BFG 33x12.50x15 on some cheap summit steel rims that are 15x10. it cost me about $280 for the 4 rims but only have 2 with the tires on them and the other tires are on 15x8. i really like the wider rim because it make the tire look so much wider. the rims were white when i bought them because i was going to paint them and white is the cheapest. i painted them red with a few coats of clear on them...they look really good. i say if your going to stay on the street alot but still go off road then go with a set of mud terrians and the 15x10 rims.

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

are you gonna leave it stock height? if you are, use 8" rims with as much backspacing as possible, something like 4-4.25". that'll help you from having to trim the fender. if its lifted, get 10" wide rims. get 15" rims and tires, they are the cheapest, and the most plentiful.

for mainly onroad driving, i like BFG A/T's. they do pretty good offroad(except mud) and are great onroad. get either 33-12.50's, or 33-10.50's if you are stock height and want to make sure you dont have to cut your fenders.

5. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

well i have 2 inches of lift all around so im thinking 33's will be the best i have big O big foot X/T's 31/10.5/15 and their great so i might stay with those type of tires but for the rims it is all up ofr debate i will be more specific about the rims i want chrome or alum so that might help but thanks for the ideas so far

6. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I've got Remington Wide Brutes, and believe it or not, they rock! I've put about 60k on them so far, and they're still kicking.
    I really like plain steel black wheels. I got 5 for under $200 at Summit.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got Hummer H2 wheels and love them. Cheap on eBay if you watch. I run BFG A/T's which are great on the street and do fine on rock for me.