Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HELP ME PLAN PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Commocozy, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

Ok.

I am sending in a depost to hold a 79 Jimmy till i can pick it up, and i am going to have money left over.

I need some help trying to decide where to start with it.

I want to lift bout 6" and run 35's or 36's, it also need a very little body work and i am gutting the insides and RHINO lining everything. I am also under the understanding this has 3.08 for gears :-( and i want to run 4.56. So anyone everyone please give me your ideas!

I AM NEW to the chevy world, so please bear with me, and i promise i will not ask stupid things like i have been for the last few weeks all the time!

who knows what i will be driving in a few weeks.
    Right now i have a 98 Explorer with 6" lift and 33's.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

36's is the thin ice part with the 1/2 ton front axle. For what it would cost you to regear the rear you could probably pick up a 14 bolt rear with 4.56's and might even get lucky and have a Detroit in it. If it doesn't a Detroit for a 14 is only $350 to your door.
    The front is the real problem You can convert it to 8 lug easy enough to it's still going to have weak shafts. Leave it open and your going to have less chance of breaking it but I would be on the hunt for a D60 if you plan to hammer on this truck often.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper