Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me please!!! Bleeding clutch system!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Mar 4, 2003.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Here is my situation, i'm putting a sm-465 in my blazer and decided to go hydraulic. The only problem is i couldn't find a bell housing, so i made my own bracket to hold the slave. The bracket is plenty strong and it mounts so that when the slave is pushed all the way in the fork is on the 16 little prongs on the pressure plate. Also, i made the bracket inside the truck on the pedal only to move an 1.5", because that is the stroke length on the master cylinder. I'm also using a hydraulic line, with an 1/8 inch ID. When i bleed, all i do is keep getting air. I took the slave off and held it down thinking air could get trapped somewhere. What is my problem???? I need this fixed now, i still have to swap a dana 60 in before saturday morning when i leave on a 14 hour trip to las cruces for spring break. Help me please!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I do NOT envy you. I recently had experience bleeding the clutch on a early 90's 1ton. It straight up sucked. Everything was brand new. We tried everything from a vacuum pump to holding the slave cylinder at 45 degrees. Bottom line is to bench bleed everything you can and have a buddy help by pressing the clutch pedal while you work the bleeder screw.

3. KrebsATM02

Help please, I'm desperate!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

go read this months Peterson's 4 wheel offroad magazine, they bleed a toyota hydro clutch and tell you how to do it

andy

5. KrebsATM02

You couldn't give me the low down real quick? I know how to do it, it's just not working for some reason!

6. KrebsATM02

anyone else?