Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

help me please exhaust trouble?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by only 31s, May 7, 2005.

1. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

Ive already scowerd the site for one.I need a pass side edelbrock shorty header for 90 350 burb [no air] does anyone know a junk yard or someone w just that side for sale? thanks for any info P.s i bought my truck with theses on it and dont have any reciepts to deal W/ edelbrock. :frown1:

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If you call Edelbrock they will sell you 1 header. They might not directly sell it to you, but can put you in contact with a local dealer that can. BUT, chances are a new set would only be a couple bucks more. But worth checking on.

3. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

i wish

i have tried several local guys [perf shops] and they are not able to get me single pieces to this system [only supposedly comes from edelbrock as a 3 pc set 2headers and ypipe] its a pretty impressive set [3''down to the cat then 3''duallys out to the back] the y pipe is specific to these headers app only.A new set starts at 430 ,so you can see why im trying to locate the single piece.Ill try edelbrock and see what they say. Thanks

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Whats wrong with it in the first place ? Is it bent , or broken , rusty ?

Simple cracks can be welded , if not by you , maybe someone local :dunno:

6. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

close but no cigar

i know your tring to helpand thats why i contact this site,but the system i have is custom the only thing that wasnt fabbed on it was the headers.I had a pro look at my system,he said my y pipe was fabbed so its not part of a kit and also my sys is not an air sys so that link wont be any good to me, besides i really need to watch my budget for now.but thank you for the quick link . Its stuff like that that made me recently buy a membership! :D

7. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

your just nosy

just kiddin! ive seen some of your stuff on the site.Good info and pics! I hate typing but i will for this site. My headers :mad: had a crack i didnt check well before purchase{thought it was just a gasket leak] so i took ot off to get it welded.The guy says no prob come back in an hour,great so i run some errands ,come back he says he checked it and it looked ok so i wait till the next day to install and check it myself :mad: sill has some leaks.so back to him i go very calm,hey pal i know you said you checked it but you missed a couple spots.No prob he says come back in an hour {both times right before closing time}i come back this time he cutwhere the pipes meet re welded the factory cross weld and welded my flange back on,it looked good,i checked it for leaks,no leaks,perfect, next day as i go to install it he welded the flange back in the wrong position :mad: :mad: :mad: so now i go back still holding my temper and calmly tell him what he did wrong he swears up and down he put it back in the right place,tells me now i have to bring him the vehicle and hes gonna cut my welded y pipe to match it.So i says fine but i wont pay a dime for it! he tells me then im on my own.If you know me i would have beat the guy w/the header and did my time for it,but i have a wife to provide for,so i bit the 65 i alresdy wasted and here Iam. :D

8. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

got the part no#

edel part no#6566 stainless but i certainly dont care about the finish! :grin: