Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me, please!!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by blazingjesse, Oct 7, 2001.

1. blazingjesse

blazingjesse 1/2 ton status

I got a 14ff with disk brakes, that i want to put on a 71 blazer. the ubolt kit that Off Road sells, can it fit the 14bolt, with a 2 inch lift block? Can i still use the emergency brake with the disk brakes? Do i need longer ubolts if i where to put the 1 inch block on the front axle? i think this is all i need to know for now. thank you.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

first off, do not put a block of any size inthe front. It is nothing but problems and it is very dangerous. I am not sure about the ubolts, but the old ones from your 10 or 12 bolt (?) should work. the e-brake might need a bracket piece fabbed where the cable from the cab attaches to the 14B. i got lucky and found one that needed to be "helped" and not fabbed.
    sorry 'bout the lack of speeling =o)

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

3. blazingjesse

blazingjesse 1/2 ton status

well i'm gonna put either a 2inch block or leaf in the back , and i heard that you can put the 1 inch block in the front if it is bolted to the spring pack. I don't know if anybody makes a longer u bolt for my blazer. and the bracket is to small to switch to from a 12bolt to a 14bolt, i would be doing some grinding, just enough to make me nervous of it being weak. besides i wanted to go to the newer ubolt style.

4. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

Yes, you can safely put the 1" blocks in the front if they are bolted to the spring pack, which ORD calls 1" Zero Rate Add-a-Leaf.

Also, ORD has all the U-bolts you need. Just give them a call and tell them what you need. I got the U-bolts for my 14-bolt FF from them and have length to spare.

Later!

Richard
    Raleigh, NC
    '90 K-5 Blazer - stock, daily driver
    '76 K-5 Blazer - 14-bolt FF, 4.10's, locked front and rear, 36's, SM465/NP205

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

best thing to do is give us a call and we can sort out whatever you need, it's easier to talk about some of this stuff.
    We can generally get you whatever you need for ubolts with minimum hassle.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>