Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 1, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have a 88 fullsize blazer with throttle body ijection and i recently installed a throttle body spacer, the truck idles at higher rpms and my brakes arnt working as well, and was thinking it had something to do with my vacum.
    Has anyone had this problem if so can it be fixed or if anyone can help please do so it would be much appreciated.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Id say that you have a vacuum leak. That would increase your idle for sure. And if its a big enough leak, could reduce the amount of vacuum leading to your vacuum booster. Check that the new gaskets arent leaking, and that the tube at the back of the throttle body did not get jacked up or forgotten.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I think the reason that you haven't had much response on this is because your post is very difficult to understand. I think you're trying to say that it's idling high and the brakes don't work at idle? Did you try removing the spacer to make sure that that is the problem? </font color>

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I would agree with the vacuum leak. The computer senses that it is running leaner so it riches it up and you end up with a fast idle.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I got a spacer and noticed the spacer can rotate on the bolts (not aligned 100%) had areas of the vacuum advance showing on the under side. I dont know if the spacer got trimmed to small or what but you might try loosing it and trying align everything before you tighten it up if you can't find a hose leaking. Just an idea, something I'm worried about using this spacer. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    J

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

try spraying carb cleaner around the gaskets on the spacer if the idle changes then tou have a vacume leak