Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me select my next set of tires

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by laketex, Jul 25, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm looking to buy a new set of 35's for my Blazer. This will be a daily driven truck that will see light to moderate Midwest wheeling, snow, and about 15K a year. I want a good radial tire since wheeling isn't my #1 goal with this truck after it's gone to DD status. Here's my list. Please let me know what you midwest wheelers think for our kind of terrains!

Goodyear MTR
    BFG M/T KM
    Dunlop Mud Rover
    Mud Kings

I'm about ready to buy a set of MT/Rs but I want to know if anyone has good or bad experiences with them first....

TIA,

Bryan

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

ive got the mastercraft 35" mudders...ive wheeled hard with em and had a few miles on ema dn they still look brand new. and only $436 for all 4. not too shabby at all.

NITRO

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S come in a 35x12.5x15! That's what's going on my DD, I have the 32x11.5x15's on right now.
    *Jim Carrey* I lik'em alot */Jim*, I have close to 4 years on these tires and over 45K miles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Pavement, gravel, rain/water, snow- I couldn't be more happy, I can't wait till I get the 35's
    thats my .02

edit *adding*
    -Hey you remember Eric, the 2000 dodge ram that came to the badlands? He had the wrangler AT/S's on that dodge, he didn't air down either and he done pretty damn good on the that first trail, the mud, and over those pea gravel hills. They are pretty good as far as self cleaning tread design too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Bryan,
    I have the Pro Comp Xterrains on my Jimmy. I have around 45,000 to 50,000 on them and they still have some good tread left. I did go off road once with them and they did just as good as anyone else and I didn't air down the tires at all. They are very quite also when driving.

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I'll second the AT/S I's like to have X Terrains too....

I have heard good things about the Trxxus MT's also....Look for something with more siping than you have listed.

6. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Can't go wrong with the MTR. It's a really good off road tire, and seems to get good life on the road. One of my friends works for the Game and Fish Commission here in Little Rock and he has a set on his truck. He does a LOT of driving on the street, as well as some off pavement driving. The mileage has been good for him, and he said it's the best mud/offroad tire they've had on their trucks. They've also run BFG mud terrains and gumbo mudders.

I've also seen a few jeeps down at the park running MTR's and they did really well on the rocks for a radial.

I personally have had a set of BFG mud terrains and they were a good tire too. But, if I was to buy another set of radials, they would be MTR's fo' sho' /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BIGJ

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

OK Jeff, I think you convinced me and I'll go with the mtr's for now. But when they wear out, I may be in a worse financial condition and go with one of the cheaper tires. This may be my only chance to try mt'r. Thanks for all your inputs guys!

Bryan