Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with a stupid problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Krase, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Well, here is my stupid problem, i have taken all the bolts that i can see of the doors interior loose, but it is still caught at the top of the door, I have had other model trucks like this and had the panels loose but never power windows, so i am afraid if i yank it i will rip the wires in side apart? can anyone tell me what im missing?

Any Help is Appreciated,
    Todd

2. kilroy

kilroy Registered Member

If you are talking about the door panel I think it has 2 spring clips, and you need to push up on the panel 1 corner at a time to release them.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Did you get the screws on the armrest? I forget those sometimes. Other than that, you just have to man-handle that sucker off, don't worry about screwin' up the wires, that stuff is in the bottom of the door.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Disregard the last the post, I'm a dumbass /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . I forgot about the wires that go to the window switches. You won't pinch or sever them while taking off the panel but keep in mind that the panel won't go out very far with the switches still in the panel as the wires aren't that long.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You are right. Right at the top of the window opening, where the inner "felt" piece is. In my experience, a lot of times pulling the bottom of the door panel out, and hitting the panel "up and in" seems to break it free a lot of times. of course, if you don't get the horizontal screw thats on the side of the arm rest bulge out and try that trick, the door panel will shatter. Don't ask.

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

yes, you basically need to pull up on one side at a time and most likely it will just pop out.