Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Help me with my lift!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by firefighter184, Oct 23, 2003.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

YES I DID A SEARCH... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Looking to get about four inches of lift on my 89, plus 33's, with my fire dept bonus check in December. It'll be about $2100.00. I had good luck with Superlift on my last rig. I have no garage, and no tools except my 175pc Craftsman rachet set and a jack. Here is my question: How and where can I get four inches of suspension lift (without blocks, I want new springs!) and 33X12.50X15 m/t's for less than $2100 smackers. Recommend me a shop in the Denver area, a brand of lift, and/or somebody who wants to make a few bucks for X-mas. There will be a $50.00 finders fee for anybody who sets me up with help, and free beer for all involved... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Lift parts you'll have about $600-800 into and same with the tires. SO that will leave ya about $400+/-left over...

I'd say your plans is very doable... I also have had good luck with Superlift and prefer the Superride springs... One thing you could look for is used lift parts to save some $ or even new stuff that someone hasn't installed...

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im doing a 5" and piecing one together myself ...buying parts from different people ect..i think it will totall out to a little over 300 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Are you coming Saturday? If so see me and I can help you out. If not PM me your phone number. James. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

If you want to drive 100 miles, you are welcome to use my garage and tools. We can do a shackle flip in the rear and all you would have to buy are 4" front springs and a raised steering arm. As far as tires...........I am buying my 35" Dunlop Mud Rover tires at Sams Club for about $125.00 each.

It would only take a day to do the shackle flip, lift and steering arm.

Here are the tires I am getting. (I can only afford one at a time for now.....) [​IMG]

Let me know, you are more than welcome to use my stuff if you need. (Just don't tell your fellow firefighters that you are hanging out with a cop, because they might disown you /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i got those tires not to long ago for my truck in a 33x12.50x15 version for 88 bucks a pop on tire rack....great tire for the money!! very affordable and those things do awesome in the mud!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

There $105 at the tire rack. I am getting 5 and it will cost me $632 shipped to my door. Thats with 2 day service also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I got those same tires, great traction.

10. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want to drive 100 miles, you are welcome to use my garage and tools. We can do a shackle flip in the rear and all you would have to buy are 4" front springs and a raised steering arm. As far as tires...........I am buying my 35" Dunlop Mud Rover tires at Sams Club for about $125.00 each.

It would only take a day to do the shackle flip, lift and steering arm.

Here are the tires I am getting. (I can only afford one at a time for now.....) [​IMG]

Let me know, you are more than welcome to use my stuff if you need. (Just don't tell your fellow firefighters that you are hanging out with a cop, because they might disown you /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Man! Way to help out. Wish I lived 100 miles from you. I'd visit!
    I have a question. Im looking to do the same thing as this guy but I am a do it yourselfer. I dont have the extra funds to pay labor but even if I did I like to learn how to do stuff...at least the first time anyways. The second time I might wanna pay someone.....haha

My question is. This weekend Im doing a lift on the rear of my truck. The homemade shackle flip. The one where you cut a hole in the bottom of the bracket. My question is...Lifting the front. I have seen the steering arm for about 50$ but have no idea which 4" spring to get for the front. Also...my butt is sagging. So a 4" lift on the rear is only about a 2 1/2 lift....so a 4" lift in the front will make the back look saggy again. I hate to hijack this post and apologize if I am.....but what can I do about the saggy rear short of buying new springs.

Those tires rule! Im going to buy a set as well!!
    A 4" lift with 31x11.50's looks kinda funny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I'll just deal with it for now. Side not. I have 10" rims and like the tires wide. What 35's do I need? 35x12.50?!

Thanks alot!!
    If you would rather email me I'd like to talk. eripley@nnmodels.com

thanks again./

11. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

My question is. This weekend Im doing a lift on the rear of my truck. The homemade shackle flip. The one where you cut a hole in the bottom of the bracket. My question is...Lifting the front. I have seen the steering arm for about 50$ but have no idea which 4" spring to get for the front. Also...my butt is sagging. So a 4" lift on the rear is only about a 2 1/2 lift....so a 4" lift in the front will make the back look saggy again. I hate to hijack this post and apologize if I am.....but what can I do about the saggy rear short of buying new springs.

Those tires rule! Im going to buy a set as well!!
    A 4" lift with 31x11.50's looks kinda funny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I'll just deal with it for now. Side not. I have 10" rims and like the tires wide. What 35's do I need? 35x12.50?!

Thanks alot!!
    If you would rather email me I'd like to talk. eripley@nnmodels.com

thanks again./

[/ QUOTE ]
    You could do a shorter 2" lift in the front to go with the 2 1/2" in the rear.
    A 35x12.50 will work out nicely on a 10" wide wheel. It will give you a nice wide base.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hi-Tec makes retreads in that exact pattern in 33x12.50. Soon, they'll be making 35s and 37s too! I am going to get a set when they do. I've got them on my DD.

Best part? They were $250 to my door. I've got 12,000 road miles on the mud terrains and they've still got 1/2 tread left. These are 31x10.50 on a 15x8.

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi-Tec makes retreads...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Website?
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Thanks for offering Moab! I'll probably wait until after the meet and greet, just to see if there is anybody closer, but either way, I'll let you know. You are obviously a scholar and a gentleman, and there's damn few of us left. We actually have a couple of Denver cops who volunteer on our fire department. These guys save lives, and take 'em too. It's kinda weird when a firefighter shows up for a run with his .45 in a Galco small of the back holster. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do a shackle flip in the rear......you will get 4" of lift (Saggy but or not). You could get a 2" add a leaf for the rear to level her off if you want. I did that to my 90 K5 awhile back to level it off.

As far as front springs go, you can talk to other members and see which ones they have tried and/or liked. I have had real good experiences with Pro-Comp and Tough Country stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
    What 35's do I need? 35x12.50?!

[/ QUOTE ] Yep /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif